Gå til indhold

What you need to know about membership of the Teachers’ Unemployment Insurance Fund

How can I become a member of the Teachers’ Unemployment Insurance Fund?

You can become a member of our fund if you are a recent graduate, a student or if you are a job applicant looking for work within the field that we focus on.

What benefits do I receive as a member of the fund?

As a member you will receive income maintenance when you are unemployed, holiday benefits, early pension, and we offer guidance and counselling in job searching. You also get free access to all our workshops and events throughout the year.

Should I be insured full-time or part-time?

We recommend a full-time insurance, since this is the most economically secure you can be in case of unemployment. You can always be full-time insured, even if you work part-time.

How much does a membership cost?

The price for a full-time insurance membership is 1.464 kr. (2024) per quarter. This price is tax-deductible.

Can I apply for a membership as a student?

Yes, you can sign up as a student member in our fund. It is free of charge when you are below the age of 30, and you can sign up here. If you are above the age of 30 years old it is unfortunately not free, but you can apply for a decrease of your membership fee.

The student membership is the most beneficial for you if you have at least one year left of your education program – this means you will receive income maintenance on your first day of unemployment, which is not an available offer for those who sign up after graduation.

When should I sign up once I have graduated?

In order to receive graduate benefits, you should sign up two weeks after you have completed your final exam at the latest. You can do this by filling out the application form for new graduates. If you are already a student member, you should change your membership status to new graduate two weeks after you have completed your final exam, at the latest.

What happens if I do not sign up before the registration deadline?

If we do not receive your application within the two weeks after your final exam, you will unfortunately not be eligible for graduate benefits. This means that your registration will be based on employment. In order to receive income maintenance, your membership should be at least 12 months old, and you will need to have had an income of at least 263.232 kr. (2024) within the last 3 years. You can include a maximum of 21.936 kr. per month (2024). This work will only be eligible if it was done while being a member of an unemployment insurance fund.

Can I apply for a membership if I am already a member of another fund?

If you are a member of another fund, and if you are job searching or currently employed within our field, your membership can be transferred to the Teachers’ Unemployment Insurance Fund. You can be transferred by filling out our application form.

How long can I be a member of the fund?

You can be a member until you cancel your membership. You can continue your membership even when you retire, and thus become a senior member.